At LungCancerScreening.co.uk we offer a one-stop lung health check service, with a lung cancer risk assessment. The lung health check includes an appointment with award-winning specialists who will assess and discuss your risk factors for developing lung cancer.
Lung cancer is much more likely to be cured if detected at a very early stage. Together, we will review your risk of lung cancer and decide whether screening is right for you.
In addition, smoking cessation advice is provided.
By far the biggest cause of lung cancer is smoking, be that a current or past history of smoking. Some lung cancers are also caused by exposure to second hand smoke in non smokers (passive smoking).
Some other things can also increase lung cancer risk. But they increase the risk by only a small
amount and far less than smoking. They include:
• Exposure to radon gas
• Air pollution
• Previous lung disease
• A family history of lung cancer
• Previous cancer treatment
• Previous smoking related cancer (eg tongue, kidney, bladder)
• Lowered immunity
Recently, American studies have identified that screening should be extended to include even people who stopped smoking over 15 years ago.
Lung cancer develops when a cluster of cells mutate and grow out of control. Over time they form a small lump, also known as a nodule. If undetected, the cancer cells continue to multiply within the lung and eventually may start to spread to lymph glands in the chest or even outside the lung. The aim of lung cancer screening is to detect the earliest form of lung cancer so that it is treated in the quickest possible fashion.
Some common symptoms of lung cancer are:
• A cough that doesn't go away
• A change in a longstanding cough a persistent cough
• A chest infection that does not get better
• Being short of breath
• A dull ache in the chest or shoulder
• Coughing up phlegm containing blood
• A hoarse voice
• Losing weight
About Lung Cancer & Symptons
Our £499 lung health check includes:
• consultation with a chest specialist
• one-stop low dose CT scan
• specalist same-day CT scan results
• a clear follow up & management plan
• access to the best treatment experts